Honda OptiMate 3 – 12V Battery Charger/Optimiser
1. Battery check: OptiMate 3 must be connected to a battery (retaining a minimum of 2V) to activate its output.
2. Desulphation and recovery stage: Tests the battery for possible deep discharge or sulphation. If necessary, OptiMate 3 automatically engages a special high voltage recovery mode (up to 20V) with a very low fixed current to desulphate the battery.
3. Bulk charge stage: Charges at 0.8 Amps constant current until such time as the battery is normally able to crank the engine.
4. Verification stage: A 30 minute charge & check cycle ensures that even well-used batteries are brought to full charge saturation. If necessary the programme reverts automatically to the bulk charging stage, repeating steps 3 & 4 as many times as may be necessary until the battery is thoroughly charged.
5. Voltage retention test: During a 30 minute pause the charging circuit monitors the battery’s voltage to identify batteries unable to retain an adequate charge without charger support. The green LED indicates that the battery has passed the charge retention test and the red LED indicating that the battery voltage failed to remain above 12V. (A fully charged, undamaged lead-acid battery should normally retain a voltage of at least 12.5V.)
6. Maintenance / float charge stage: Irrespective of the voltage retention test result, a maximum voltage of 13.6V is applied with up to 200mA available to support connected electronic alarms or other small loads.
The voltage retention check (step 5) is repeated every 30 minutes and alternates thereafter with step 6 for as long as OptiMate 3 remains connected to the battery
Recommended for: AGM / MF, STD, GEL and spiral cell batteries from 3Ah to 50Ah
Programme control: Microprocessor, 7 stages, fully automatic
Input Voltage: 100-240V50-60 Hz
Input current max: 0.23A @ 100V; 0.15A @ 230V
Reverse drain current: Less than 1mA
Output current (bulk charge): 0.8A
Automatic desulphation: Yes
Charge time limit: Safe to leave connected for months
Maintain / test cycles: 30 min/30 min (alternating hourly)
Charge retention test: 2 possible results – ‘good’ & ‘bad’
Size: 167 x 65 x 46mm
Enclosure classification: IP54
Mounting: Easy direct wall mounting
Input cable length: 2m
Output cable length: 2m
Included Accessories: O1 Weatherproof Eyelet Lead; O4 Clamp Lead for bench charging
Operation temperature range: -20°C / +40°C
Warranty: 3 years
Delivered with two interchangeable connection sets, one with clamps for bench charging, the other with in-line protection fuse and eyelet terminals for permanent attachment to in-vehicle battery to allow easy reconnection of charger when necessary